Through its subsidiaries Soler IDE, the Vertical Sea group boasts over 30 years’ experience in the field of environmental consultancy services.
More significantly, it is, once again, reinforcing its policy of unconditional synergy, thus permitting the specialists from environnement to anchor sustainable development at the heart of the group’s trades.
Project Management Assistance – Environmental Certifications (HQE)
- Environmental procedures required for design, construction and operation
- Certification (HQE, NF Habitat HQE, Osmoz, E+C-, Effinergie, BREEAM, WELL)
- Environmental monitoring of design and construction studies
- Expert assessments
Site Rehabilitation and Diagnostics (Contaminated soils and sites)
- Documentary, background and vulnerability studies, sensitivity analyses
- On-site investigations – boring, screening
- Site pollution assessments (“IRM”)
- Management plans (“PG”)
- Guiding land plans (“POT”) and Estimations of quantity
- Quantitative health risk studies (“EQRS” – “ARR”)
- Project Management Assistance (“AMO”), Decontamination engineering services
- Site monitoring services (water tables, four-yearly reports, air and gas analyses of soil)
Management of Classified Facilities
- Advisory services for the sale and acquisition of sites
- “DDAE” operating licence application files
- Audit, management and monitoring of classified facilities
- Preparation of documents for the closure of classified facilities
- Investigation packages for declarations of public utility (“DUP”)
- Guidance and support for industrial clients with site conversion projects
Ecology and Territoires
- Impact studies
- Evaluation of public policies. Organisation and implementation of consultations.
- Environmental assessments of drawings and diagrams
- Definition of green and blue infrastructure
- Environmental assessments for development projects
- Expert naturalist assessments. “Protected Species” procedures
- Environmental monitoring and design of construction projects
- Household waste
- Public service waste management studies
- Feasibility and programming
- Financing analysis reports
- Spoil management
- Characterisation, treatment and reuse
- Circular economy
- Creation of reuse and handling facilities
- Traceability and supervision of removal
- Deconstruction diagnoses
- Material reuse and recycling
- Circular economy
Low carbon Buildings
- Re-used, geo-sourced, bio-sourced materials
- Low-nuisance construction
- Life cycle assessments
- Project Management Assistance, Flood Risk Management Plans (“PPRI”)/French Water Act compliance
- Infiltration feasibility studies
- Highest Water Level studies (“NPHE”)
- Characterisation of aquifers
- Pumping system design
- Optimisation hydraulic (ground water) cut-offs diaphragm walls
- Groundwater depletion monitoring
ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT OF PUBLIC POLICY
The SCoT du Dijonnais (multi-authority urban planning programme)
The public-private body (Syndicat Mixte) responsible for the SCoT du Dijonnais entrusted us with the task of carrying out an environmental assessment in respect of the construction of the urban area’s SCoT. Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group provided elected representatives and the Syndicat Mixte du SCoT du Dijonnais with an environmental perspective on the management of the resources at the heart of development policies and the economics involved, together with guidance and assistance in drafting the environmental assessment report.
Environmental impact of HV power line works
Prior to major works and maintenance involving HV power lines in a mountainous area, RTE entrusted Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group with a full series of environmental assessments:
- Inventories of the natural environment over a full biological cycle.
- Detailed analysis of site entrances to minimise the environmental impact on the area
- Analysis of the environmental impact of the repair works
- Environmental monitoring of the worksites
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE ON ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
Expert assessment of the natural environment for civil engineering works
In the framework of the project to convert the A61 motorway to three lanes in both directions, Vinci entrusted Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group with natural environment assessments over a full biological cycle along the stretch of land impacted by the motorway project.
Construction of Pessac gymnasium
Construction of a large sporting complex comprising a multi-sports gymnasium, a combat-sports centre (boxing and martial arts facilities), football changing rooms and the municipal technical services centre for the town of Pessac. Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group was HQE advisor to the design and engineering team. The Group incorporated the HQETM procedure right from the programming phase, used DTS throughout the design phase and selected building materials on the basis of environmental data.
HQE ADVISORY SERVICES – INDUSTRIAL SECTOR
Installation of organic wine-making process
The Vignoble de la Voie d’Héraclès wanted to equip itself with new generation Bio 4.0 wine-making facilities. Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group provided the wine producer with guidance and assistance for the preparation of submissions for IOTA and ICPE environmental authorisations, and with procedures under the French Water Act, then subsequently with adapting the project to take regulatory and environmental issues into consideration whilst overseeing works and approvals. Ultimately: creation of an innovating, more environmentally-friendly and more efficient cellar, boasting a storage capacity of up to 40,000 hL, together with a processing system having 3 evaporation tanks.
ICPE ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORISATIONS
Real estate extension works
Plastisud specialises in the design and manufacture of high-precision, high-performance moulds. The company plans to extend its main building and has commissioned Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group to provide guidance and assistance with:
- Expansion of the site’s geographical scope and extension of the industrial building
- The installation of additional equipment and utilities
- Natural flooding risks, French Water Act issues, water management and design of the works associated therewith
- Fire risks, installation of fire walls.
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND MONITORING OF WORKS
Solar power plant
EDF Renouvelables launched a project to build a solar power plant on the site of the former thermal power plant in Ambès. After conducting inventories of the natural environment and drafting an impact study report, IDE Environnement – Builders & Partners Group provided the project manager with guidance and assistance for the monitoring of environmental aspects in respect of the works (tender phases, overall works scoping, monitoring on a monthly basis and post-works report: final assessment and report on the effectiveness of avoid-mitigate-compensate measures.
ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTS FOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
French Water Act procedure in relation to the Guillaumet Ecodistrict
Altarea Cogedim and Crédit Agricole Immobilier were at the helm of the urban renovation of the former site of the Aeronautical Test Centre in Jolimont, based on a concept with highly ambitious environmental objectives: the Guillaumet Ecodistrict. The group commissioned Soler Ide – Vertical Sea Group with undertaking procedures related to the French Water Act, drawing up an inventory detailing the state of the site initially, as a reference scenario, and assessing the impact of the works, assessing the cumulative impact of the health hazards posed by emissions released into the atmosphere by the biomass boiler plant.
POLLUTED SITES AND SOILS
Reconversion d’un site industriel pour création d’un établissement sensible
Project management assistance for the conversion of an industrial site Conversion of an industrial site for the creation of housing/a school into housing and a school – management plan, monitoring of remediation project management (spoil management, in situ soil treatment by venting). Indoor air quality testing prior to handover of the school.
CESSATION OF INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY FILE
Réhabilitation of sites in Romainville
Preparation of documents for the cessation of industrial activities Summary of the studies performed on the site and compilation of the site’s history. Pollution survey for the project in different environments (soil, groundwater and soil gas). Analysis of residual risks for future uses. Assistance with works contracts and remediation project management.
FRENCH WATER ACT
Construction of new campus for Société Générale
Hydrogeological survey, pumping tests, flow rate estimates, regulatory context, preparation of documents, provision of guidance and support to petitioner in discussions with the DRIEE (Regional and Interdepartmental Environment and Energy Directorate), preliminaries to the construction of a campus for Société Général in Fontenay-Sous-Bois.
SOIL AND WATER POLLUTION
Chlorinated water in Massy
Project management for decontamination of groundwater prior to the conversion of a former industrial site into a mixed development zone. Analysis of the impact of soil contaminated with metals, hydrocarbons and chlorine compounds, subsequent management of works (pumping and treatment of groundwater, provisions for storage, removal, groundworks).
What they say
Manager, Industrial Environment Division
Advising our industrial clients is always a pleasure for us as engineers. We revel in the contact with our clients and fellow stakeholders and we take great pleasure in analysing processes and proposing ways of managing risks and environmental issues. Our first industrial project dates from 1987, but we still work tirelessly and continuously to reap the fruits of our industrial culture and incorporate changing practices and the evolving regulatory context.
Manager, Regions and Environment Department
We are fortunate to be able to travel the length and breadth of the regions in France in the course of the assignments entrusted to us. Obviously, we view the places we visit through the trained eyes of urban planning professionals and compilers of environmental assessments on different projects. But for us it is also always a pleasure to meet the stakeholders in the regions, whose commitment commands our respect and who we endeavour to guide and assist in their desire to show their authority/organisation or company in the best light by means of a harmonious development which incorporates the sustainable in the management work they accomplish every day.
Director, Polluted Sites and Soils
Whether your project involves the sale or acquisition of real estate, stock transactions or purely financial investments, the application of an increasing number of ever-more complex regulations in relation to the environment, and workplace health and safety can transform a simple investment into a real ordeal in legal and financial terms.
As specialists in environmental due diligence, we enable you to manage all the risks involved in your investment.
Manager, Waste Management Department
When we observe the way waste management has changed over the last 10 years, and we understand the challenges that face us going forward, we draw enormous satisfaction and a great sense of ambition from our profession. The theme of waste is revealing of the reality in our regions in many respects. That allows us to remain aware and invested in the environmental significance, but also the economic and social importance of waste management. Ensuring those aspects remain at the heart of our assignments is an ambition which can only enhance the standards of quality we aim to achieve in our work.
Environmental Director, Provence-Méditerranée
Players involved in the redevelopment of polluted sites need to be able to easily identify the well-established specialist service providers who can meet their needs, and comply with the legal and regulatory requirements in force and the state of the art. Special consideration must also be given to the issues of public health, safety and environmental risks.
That is why the Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy (MEDDE), introduced certification for services to polluted sites and soils, issued by the French National Laboratory for Metrology and Testing (LNE).
Soler Ide holds LNE Polluted Sites and Soils certification. The certification covers Domains A and B of French Standard NF 31-620 concerning the provision of services in respect of polluted sites and soils:
- Domain A: Studies, Assistance and Checks
- Domain B: Rehabilitation engineering works
For the contracting party, LNE certification is the assurance that the services will be provided in a manner which is safe and trustworthy.